- Thank you for all your help and advice. I would recommend you to anyone needing a good solicitor
- Professional and friendly service!
- Always most helpful, knowledgeable and understanding. Very pleasant and efficient
- Thank you very much for all of the work that you have done, delighted with the speed with which matters were concluded
Agriculture and Rural Property
The challenges facing farmers, landowners and those dependant on the rural economy are constantly changing, and an in depth understanding of all of the issues that are faced are necessary to navigate through this field. From our main office in Gravesend we have been providing advice on agricultural and rural issues to a range of clients involved in the rural economy for over 100 years, and a large number of our clients are farming families who have been with us for many generations.
Our reputation in this field is supplemented with close professional contacts that we have with land agents as well as accountants with an expertise in this area. The range of our expertise is diverse, and although legislation is constantly evolving and changing, we are able to utilise our specialist knowledge with all issues relevant to the countryside.
The sale and purchase of agricultural land and properties invariably raises issues that only specialists in this field can deal with, for example the Single Farm Payment Scheme, environmental issues, planning, rights of way, boundary disputes, wayleave agreements, to mention a few. It is always our objective to achieve our clients objectives in a approachable manner, and to progress the transaction with as much speed as possible, adopting a common sense approach, but making sure that that attention to detail is always there to achieve the end result.
For many in the agricultural sector there is the problem of passing the family farm down to the next generation, if that is not possible then looking at other alternatives that maybe open to a retiring farmer if there is nobody within the family who wants to take over the running of the family farm. We link this in with our Wills, Trust and Probate department and endeavour to explore all options that are open.
We can help with:
- Farming tenancies
- Single Farm Payment Scheme
- Employment issues
- Trusts, Inheritance Tax and the drafting of Wills for families involved in agriculture
- Prosecutions by the Health & Safety Executive and Environment Agency
- Crop damage and financial difficulties
- Farm and Agricultural land sales and purchases
- Rights of Way issues
- Boundary disputes
- Succession planning for agricultural businesses
- Agricultural land development schemes
Whatever your needs maybe in this field we are confident that we will have the answer to work with you to achieve your objective in a friendly, workable and cost effective manner