- The Best Solicitors! I would definitely recommend.
- I would highly recommend Martin Tolhurst Solicitors as a very professional company with helpful staff willing to go that extra mile to help their customers.
- Absolute excellent professional and outstanding service!
- The diligence and persistence of the team shone through and made the stressful process of buying much easier.
- 10/10 service would use again in a heartbeat.
Martin Tolhurst Solicitors is committed to an eco-friendly work environment.
Martin Tolhurst’s sustainability drive is led and co-ordinated by our dedicated Green Team, made up of staff from across the firm. We have ongoing debate to ensure we maintain and develop an integrated, comprehensive and practical sustainability policy that ranges from how we source our energy and office supplies, to how we print and recycle.
Consider, engage, and communicate with all interested parties: we assess our activities' environmental and energy aspects, impacts, risks, and opportunities. We recognise the need to work collaboratively with our whole supply chain.
Across our offices, we are committed to the following practices:
- Sustainable office buildings: moving into energy-efficient office buildings that facilitate sustainable practices, such as energy-efficient lighting, eco-friendly building materials and furniture, and energy-reducing motion sensors to reduce light and water usage.
- Energy reduction: educating our staff on the benefits of turning off monitors and computers at night. These practices are projected to prevent the release of up to 325 tons of carbon dioxide per year into the atmosphere.
- Waste reduction: providing reusable utensils and glasses in all of our office kitchens.
- Responsible paper consumption: developing a paperless initiative to promote green workplace behaviours, adopt best practices and leverage technologies to reduce paper in the workplace. Our vision is to reduce our physical consumption of paper by 60% within the next few years.
- Reduced Auto Emissions: Martin Tolhurst Solicitors uses video conferencing for internal and external meetings to reduce non-essential travel. Additionally, our offices have implemented a car-sharing scheme – a program that provides benefits and incentives when employees share a car for their commute.
We measure our sustainability performance by external, objective standards. We are a proud member of the Legal Sustainability Alliance, an inclusive movement of law firms committed to working collaboratively to improve the environmental sustainability of our operations and activities.
Going green isn’t something that only has to be done in our personal time. We can apply the concept of sustainability to every aspect of our life and everywhere that we go, and this includes our workplace too. There’s always something we can do that makes our work environment a little more earth-friendly.
Tree Planting Initiative - Small change, big impact!
Our Firm has recently begun a tree planting initiative. Read our latest press release.
Trees are so important as they clean our air and water, they provide homes for wildlife and contribute to our health and wellbeing and planting trees creates jobs for social impact too. Trees are also crucial in the fight against the climate crisis as they absorb harmful carbon dioxide from the atmosphere, and every tree we plant will positively impact nature, people, and our planet.
Martin Tolhurst Solicitors is committed to environmental sustainability. We recognise that the house moving process adds to carbon footprint. We will therefore arrange to pay for, and plant a tree to help offset this process as our contribution towards reducing emissions. On completion we will provide our clients with an electronic certificate as confirmation this has been done.
THG (more:trees), a global tree planting not for profit organisation, will help us in this journey and to make a difference. To find out more about the initiative, visit their website.
Click here to view our Virtual Forest.