- I have the best Solicitor in the country
- Thank you for all your help and advice. I would recommend you to anyone needing a good solicitor
- Professional and friendly service!
- Always most helpful, knowledgeable and understanding. Very pleasant and efficient
- Thank you very much for all of the work that you have done, delighted with the speed with which matters were concluded
We know Trainee Solicitors are the future of our firm and law firms as a profession which is why we have developed a training programme highly regarded by our Trainees.
Our aim is to provide you with an exceptional depth of knowledge and breadth of experience, during your two years as a trainee solicitor. You will spend time in different practice areas which will help you to develop your skills and consider the area in which you are most interested.
Why train with Martin Tolhurst
- The Martin Tolhurst Partnership has been established for over 130 years and is one of Kent's leading firms of solicitors. We have offices in Gravesend, Longfield, Dartford, Medway, Sittingbourne and Ashford and during your training contract you will spend time at some of these offices.
- We are committed to providing a high quality, structured training programme which will be overseen by our Training Principal who will be someone you can go to for impartial advice and help during your training contract. You will also be allocated a trainee buddy. Your buddy will be a trainee who is 6 months to a year ahead of you and who will be able to answer the questions that you may not want to ask someone more senior.
- The training contract usually comprises of three seats being offered over a two year training period tailored where possible to accommodate the trainee’s preferred practice areas from those outlined below:
- Residential Conveyancing
- Commercial Conveyancing
- Family Law
- Wills, Probate & Trusts
- Civil Litigation
- Employment Law
- Commercial Law
- Early responsibility will be given and client contact is encouraged from an early stage with the required support and feedback from other members of the department.
- Trainees will gain a wide range of experience and develop their professional skills, laying the foundation for a successful future career in law.
For testimonials from our former and current trainees, please click here
Who should apply
A strong academic background is essential with a minimum classification of a 2:2 degree. In addition, you should have strong inter-personal skills, commitment and desire to make an active contribution to the firm. We welcome applications from graduates of all ages, cultural and ethnic diversities.
If you are looking to further your career with a firm that has gained an outstanding reputation in dealing with a full range of matters, please send your CV with your covering letter or supporting statement to Rachael Andrews, HR Manager at email@example.com
How to apply
The closing date for applications for our 2018 Training Contract has now passed. Details regarding 2019 recruitment will be available in the autumn of 2017.
If you are shortlisted for interview you will be invited to meet the Training Partner and Human Resources Manager for an initial interview. If you are then selected for a second interview you will meet one Partner another senior member of the team.
We hope that the trainee solicitors we recruit will prove to be the firm's future partners. A training contract with Martin Tolhurst will offer you the opportunity to develop into a capable and confident lawyer who is able to help us maintain our standards of excellence.