- The Best Solicitors! I would definitely recommend.
- I would highly recommend Martin Tolhurst Solicitors as a very professional company with helpful staff willing to go that extra mile to help their customers.
- Absolute excellent professional and outstanding service!
- The diligence and persistence of the team shone through and made the stressful process of buying much easier.
- 10/10 service would use again in a heartbeat.
Commercial & Business Law Solicitors in Kent
You don’t just need a lawyer for your business, you need a lawyer that knows business. A lawyer who understands the commercial realities of running an enterprise like yours, who can find legal solutions that are relevant to your circumstances and business goals, and who can clearly convey what you need to know in a way that makes sense to you.
That is exactly what the Business Law team at Martin Tolhurst Solicitors offers. With decades of experience advising and representing everyone from sole traders and new startups to large national businesses, we know how to proactively guide you through all of the legal challenges you need to deal with, adding real value to your venture.
Our commercial solicitors are here for the lifetime of your business. We can advise and assist with issues including:
- Setting up a business for the first time
- Buying an existing business
- Adding people to the business
- Preparing partnership or shareholders agreements
- Getting your first business premises
- Resolving issues amongst the key decision makers in the business
- Selling the business
- Dealing with circumstances where joint business ownership is coming to an end
- Advising on franchise agreements
- Employment law
- Resolving commercial disputes
Free initial advice
We offer 15 minutes of free initial advice telephone consultation with one of our specialist commercial law solicitors who can review your legal situation and needs with you and give an idea of how we can help.
Fixed fee consultation
We also offer a 45-minute, no obligation consultation for just £99, allowing us to go into more depth about the issues you are facing, specific assistance we can give you and the likely costs involved.
Speak to our commercial law solicitors in Kent now
How we can help your business with commercial law
Legal advice for business start-ups
We can help your new venture get off the ground on a firm legal footing, including advice on issues such as:
- Structuring your business
- Terms & conditions
- Licensing and regulatory compliance
Buying a business
If you are buying a business, it is essential to make sure every legal detail is considered and handled with precision. Our commercial lawyers can guide you through every stage of business purchases, including:
- Drafting & reviewing purchase offers & contracts for sale
- Carrying out due diligence
- Advice on taking over existing contracts & agreements
- Dealing with money laundering regulations & other regulatory issues
Find out more about our services for buying a business.
Partnership agreements & shareholder agreements
Getting the right agreements in place between business partners and shareholders is essential to the smooth running of a business, making sure everyone is clear about their rights and responsibilities. Our business lawyers can assist with:
- Drafting partnership & shareholder agreements
- Reviewing & amending existing agreements
- Resolving partnership & shareholder disputes
Find out more about our partnership & shareholder agreements services.
Adding stakeholders to your business
Adding new partners, shareholders and company directors can strengthen your business, but it is important this is done in the right way to help you achieve positive relationships and long-term success. We can assist with matters including:
- Drafting & reviewing partnership agreements, shareholder agreements & directors’ service agreements
- Amending business decision-making processes
- Updating records with Companies House
Commercial property law
Property can be an important business asset and a valuable investment, but only if you find the right property on the right terms. Our Commercial Property department can help your business with matters such as:
- Leasing and buying premises
- Acquiring land for development
- Raising property development finance
- Making property investments
- Landlord & tenant services
Find out more about our commercial property law services.
Having the right processes in place for making key decision helps to ensure your company can be run effectively and efficiently. Our commercial lawyers can assist with creating the right decision-making framework for your business, including:
- Using written resolutions
- Holding general meetings
- Knowing which decisions require shareholder approval
Selling a business
When selling a business, it is important that the process is managed properly, with every legal detail accounted for. We can assist with every step of a business sale, including:
- Reviewing purchase offers
- Drafting contracts for sale
- Advise on buyer due diligence
- Limiting your liability after the sale is finalised
Find out more about our services for selling a business.
Buying out stakeholders in a business
If you need to buy out a shareholder or partner in a business, there are various issues to consider to make sure you get a good deal for the business that protects its future prosperity. Our team can assist with matters including:
- Partner & shareholder buyout agreements
- Valuing your business
- Heads of terms covering all financial & non-financial issues
- Restrictive covenants, such as non-compete clauses & non-disclosure agreements (NDAs)
Business franchise law
Franchising can be a great way for rapidly expanding your business or to join an established brand. We advise both franchisors and franchisees on matters including:
- Drafting & reviewing franchise agreements
- Advising franchisees on issues such as business licensing & regulatory compliance
- Franchise dispute resolution
Find out more about our services for business franchisors and franchisees.
Employment law for employers
All employers, no matter how big or small, need to comply with the UK’s strict employment laws. Our employment lawyers can advise your business on matters including:
- Contracts of employment
- Employment policies & procedures
- Dismissals & redundancy
- Employment dispute resolution
Find out more about our employment law services for employers.
Commercial debt recovery
Outstanding invoices can be fatal to a business, affecting your cashflow, your profits and your ability to operate effectively. Our business debt recovery specialists can help you with:
- Quickly recovering late payments
- Reviewing & amending your credit control processes
- Taking enforcement action against non-payers
Find out more about of commercial debt recovery services.
Business dispute resolution
Business disputes can cost you a lot of time, money and frustration, as well as potentially harming your reputation and relationships. However, with the right advice, even the most contentious disputes can often be resolved quickly and cost-effectively without the need for court proceedings. Our commercial litigation team can help with issues including:
- Contract disputes
- Property disputes
- Employment disputes
- Professional negligence claims
Find out more about our business dispute resolution services.
Why Martin Tolhurst Solicitors is the right choice for your business
The key to the success of our Business Law Department is the way we talk to our clients. We take the time to learn about and understand your specific business. Knowing what your goals are enables us to focus our advice on achieving or protecting those goals.
You can have long term peace of mind by calling us today to begin working with a Martin Tolhurst Business Lawyer who understands why you are in business.