- Thank you for all your help and advice. I would recommend you to anyone needing a good solicitor
- Professional and friendly service!
- Always most helpful, knowledgeable and understanding. Very pleasant and efficient
- Thank you very much for all of the work that you have done, delighted with the speed with which matters were concluded
If you have any questions about this Policy please email our Data Protection Officer; email@example.com or write to Richard Carter, Martin Tolhurst Solicitors, Suite 1 Exchange House, Monument Way, Ashford, Kent TN24 0HB.
We gather and use certain information about individuals in order to enable certain functions on this website. We also collect information from the use of the website to better understand how visitors use our website and to enable us to present timely and relevant information to them.
What data we gather
We may collect the following information:-
- Your name and job title.
- Contact information including address, e-mail address, and telephone details.
- Website usage data.
- Other information relevant to client enquiries.
- Other information on matters such as special offers, surveys or use.
- Demographic information including postcodes, preferences and specific interests.
How we use this data
Collecting this data enables us to understand what you are looking for when using our Firm’s website. We will use this data to enable us to deliver improved products and services, particularly those that are relevant to our Client’s.
Specifically we may use data:-
- For our own internal records.
- To improve the products and services that we provide.
- To contact you in response to a specific enquiry that you make.
- To customise the website for you.
- To send you emails or mailings about products, services, offers and other things that we think might be relevant to you.
- To contact you via email, telephone, or mail for market research reasons.
- We will only send you promotional marketing material, or contact you, where you have specifically requested that this is the case. For example if you confirm that you wish to accept a conveyancing quotation that you have obtained using our conveyancing quotation tool then this will generate an email that we will respond to. You will need to provide us with your contact details for this purpose. Similarly if you confirm that you wish to be added to our newsletter mailing list then you will need to provide contact details and we will use that information to provide you with the newsletters requested.
Cookies and how we use them
What is a Cookie?
A cookie is a small file placed on your computer’s hard drive. It enables our website to identify your computer as you view different pages on our website. Cookies on our website and applications to store your preferences in order to present content, options or functions that are specific to you. They also enable us to see information (such as how people are using our website, what pages they tend to visit, and how long they stay on our website) which enables us to gather information to tailor our website for better use by our clients in the future.
- Analyse our web traffic using an analytics package. This aggregates usage data and helps us to improve the website consent, design, structure and functions.
- To recognise when you return to our website – we may show you relevant content or provide functionality that you previously used on a previous visit.
However it is important to note that cookies do not provide us with any access to your computer, nor any information about you other than the information that you choose to share with us.
Controlling information about you
If you have any queries please contact us via one of these methods:-
- Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Write to us at Clio Davies, Marketing Manager, Martin Tolhurst Solicitors, Suite 1 Exchange House, Monument Way, Ashford, Kent TN24 0HB
We will not share, distribute, sell or lease your personal information to any third party unless the law requires us to or we have your specific permission to do so.
Any personal information we hold about you is stored and processed in accordance with our Data Protection Policy. Our Data Protection Policy is in line with GDPR and the Data Protection Act 2018.
We will always hold your information securely. We have in place market leading company anti-virus software and firewalls. These products, in addition to our cyber security and data protection strategies seek to prevent unauthorised disclosure or access to your information. We have implemented strong physical and electronic security safe guards to protect you. We follow stringent procedures to ensure that we process, store and retain personal data in accordance with GDPR and the Data Protection Act 2018.
Links from our site
Our website may contain links to other websites. Please note we have no control of any website outside www.martintolhurst.co.uk domain. If you provide information to a website to which we link we are not responsible for its protection and privacy.