- The Best Solicitors! I would definitely recommend.
- I would highly recommend Martin Tolhurst Solicitors as a very professional company with helpful staff willing to go that extra mile to help their customers.
- Absolute excellent professional and outstanding service!
- The diligence and persistence of the team shone through and made the stressful process of buying much easier.
- 10/10 service would use again in a heartbeat.
Why Work for Martin Tolhurst?
We believe our employees are our greatest asset and we are committed to recruiting and retaining the highest calibre of staff.
We are an equal opportunities employer who believe in appointment and promotion within the Firm based on merit only.
The Martin Tolhurst Partnership has been established for over 130 years and is one of Kent's leading firms of solicitors. We have offices in Gravesend, Longfield, Medway, Sittingbourne and Ashford and have over 160 staff in our dedicated teams who provide a wide range of legal services to the people of Kent. This includes 10 partners and over 50 other fee earners. All of our offices have a friendly environment with a great mix of people.
The firm has gained an outstanding reputation in dealing with a full range of matters and recently won two times at the Modern Law Conveyancing Awards 2021 for 'Outstanding Commitment to Training' and 'Managing Partner of the Year'. We also won three times at The British Conveyancing Awards 2021 for, Mental Health & Wellbeing Law Firm of the Year, Risk & Compliance Champion of the Year, and Best Use of Marketing 2021.
We were also shortlisted for The Modern Law Conveyancing Awards 2021, Conveyancing Firm of the Year South East and gained Highly Commended Award for Probate Research Awards, Probate Firm of the Year for London & South East.
We take development seriously and we provide a training and development scheme to enable staff to develop relevant skills and acquire knowledge to support their current role and career aspirations.
Previous Training Brochure 2019. Click here to view.
Previous Training Brochure 2018. Click here to view.
Benefits to you
In return we can offer a competitive salary along with a range of benefits including:
- Generous holiday allowance plus Christmas shutdown
- Discretional Bonus Scheme
- Pension Scheme (Contributory)
- Life Cover - 3x Salary
- Firm Sponsored Professional Training
- Reduced Rate Legal Fees
- Annual Eye tests/ Annual Flu Vaccines
- Paid sick leave
- Additional holiday for long-serving employees
- Membership to Benenden Healthcare and Mental Health Support
- Staff social events - All firm Christmas, Summer Parties and office based events.
- Client Referral Scheme
- Employee Referral Scheme
- Car Sharing Scheme
- Bike2Work scheme
- Monthly Superstar Scheme
- Ongoing Training
We are always looking for good quality staff to join our firm. We are looking for dynamic, organised, IT literate candidates with an enthusiastic approach to their work and an ability to help us deliver excellent client service. Please send us your CV to see if you can meet our future need.
If you are interested in joining Martin Tolhurst, please send your CV with a covering letter and your salary expectations to Rachael Andrews, HR Manager at email@example.com.
For our latest vacancies, please see our current opportunities.
Find out what our current employees have to say click here.
Charities and Social Responsibility
Martin Tolhurst Solicitors is committed to an eco-friendly work environment.
Across our offices, we are committed to the following practices:
- Sustainable office buildings: moving into energy-efficient office buildings that facilitate sustainable practices, such as energy-efficient lighting, eco-friendly building materials and furniture, and energy-reducing motion sensors to reduce light and water usage.
- Energy reduction: educating our staff on the benefits of turning off monitors and computers at night. These practices are projected to prevent the release of up to 325 tons of carbon dioxide per year into the atmosphere.
- Waste reduction: providing reusable utensils and glasses in all of our office kitchens.
- Responsible paper consumption: developing a paperless initiative to promote green workplace behaviours, adopt best practices and leverage technologies to reduce paper in the workplace. Our vision is to reduce our physical consumption of paper by 60% within the next few years.
- Reduced Auto Emissions: Martin Tolhurst Solicitors uses video conferencing for internal and external meetings to reduce non-essential travel. Additionally, our offices have implemented a car-sharing scheme – a program that provides benefits and incentives when employees share a car for their commute.
Equality and Diversity at Martin Tolhurst
Every two years, we are required by the SRA to gather and publish the diversity data of our workforce. The data is gathered by way of a questionnaire. Completion of the questionnaire is voluntary and some people choose not to answer some or all of the questions.