- The Best Solicitors! I would definitely recommend.
- I would highly recommend Martin Tolhurst Solicitors as a very professional company with helpful staff willing to go that extra mile to help their customers.
- Absolute excellent professional and outstanding service!
- The diligence and persistence of the team shone through and made the stressful process of buying much easier.
- 10/10 service would use again in a heartbeat.
Parenting Guide offered to separating families in Kent
- AuthorNameeta Gujral
Martin Tolhurst Solicitors joins with thousands of family professionals to launch the Parenting Through Separation Guide during Good Divorce Week, an annual initiative by the family justice organisation Resolution to raise awareness of how families can separate amicably.
Nameeta Gujral - Partner and Family Law Solicitor of Martin Tolhurst Solicitors, said:
“We know that the pandemic has put huge pressure on families and even more so on those who are separating. Every parent wants to put their children’s interests front and centre, but all too often they don’t know where to turn for help and aren’t given the support they need in order to do this.
“It’s important for parents to have access to good, authoritative and professional advice that helps them to parent responsibly through their separation. We hope all local separating parents will use the Parenting Through Separation Guide, to help them find a better way forward for them, and for their children.”
The free guide is available to any parent seeking help during their separation. It contains advice about how to co-parent with a former partner, background on the common disputes that arise between separating parents, and how to talk to children about the painful topic of divorce or separation, plus much more.
Juliet Harvey, national chair of Resolution, said:
“I’m really pleased to have Nameeta’s support during Good Divorce Week. Resolution members like her do really important work in their community to help families separate in a constructive and amicable way. The more families who know about and use the free Parenting Through Separation Guide, the better equipped they will be to navigate the challenges divorce and separation brings, particularly when it comes to putting children first.”
Top tips for discussing divorce with your children
• If your situation allows, try to have a joint conversation when all of your children are present. Keep this age appropriate.
• Plan a series of conversations, including different follow up conversations, if your children are different ages. Be mindful that their reactions will depend on their age, developmental stage and their individual personality.
• Reassure your children that it is okay to feel sad or scared and showing emotion is good. They can always talk to either of you and ask questions.
• Remember you are a role model and your children are watching how you manage this situation. If they see that you are still their parents, making decisions together about them, then they will cope better.
29th November 2021 sees the start of #GoodDivorceWeek, which is an annual campaign organised by Resolution - first for family law. Good Divorce Week (29 November – 3 December 2021) promotes the importance of reducing conflict and putting children first during divorce or separation. To enable people who may otherwise struggle to access good quality legal advice, Martin Tolhurst’s family law experts are offering free consultations during Good Divorce.
To book a free 30 minute phone appointment, call 01474 546013 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Appointments are first come, first served.