- The Best Solicitors! I would definitely recommend.
- I would highly recommend Martin Tolhurst Solicitors as a very professional company with helpful staff willing to go that extra mile to help their customers.
- Absolute excellent professional and outstanding service!
- The diligence and persistence of the team shone through and made the stressful process of buying much easier.
- 10/10 service would use again in a heartbeat.
Roger is currently a Property Lawyer based in our Gillingham office of the firm and has 12 years of experience in property law. He specialises in residential property transactions, lease extensions, shared ownership, re-mortgages and transfers of equity.
What Roger says:
I took a rather unconventional route to Property Law in that I initially studied Electronics & Communications engineering at the Merchant Navy College Greenhithe and then went on to a successful career in IT Field maintenance.
I had always been interested in property and so, looking for a new challenge, I decided to study for a career in Property Law. I joined a local high street practice as a Trainee Conveyancer in 2004 and became a fully qualified Licenced Conveyancer in 2006. I have acted for both private and commercial clients dealing with all aspects of residential property transactions ranging from sales and purchases, lease extensions, shared ownership, re-mortgages and transfers of equity. I have also dealt with a varied caseload of commercial matters acting for landlords, tenants, developers and investors.
I believe that the customer service experience gained whilst in the IT industry has proved an invaluable tool in the conveyancing world, as effective communication is always the key to a smooth conveyancing transaction.
Outside of the office I enjoy socialising with friends and family. I also like to travel and have managed to visit India, New Zealand, Cuba, New York, The Maldives, Dubai and more recently Mexico.
If I were not a Lawyer I would be…..
Something in the forensic science world as I think building a narrative around physical evidence is quite an interesting concept.