- I have the best Solicitor in the country
- Thank you for all your help and advice. I would recommend you to anyone needing a good solicitor
- Professional and friendly service!
- Always most helpful, knowledgeable and understanding. Very pleasant and efficient
- Thank you very much for all of the work that you have done, delighted with the speed with which matters were concluded
Thinking About a Tax Avoidance Scheme? HMRC Issues New Guidance
HM Revenue and Customs (HMRC) are well known for their robust attitude towards tax avoidance schemes they consider to be questionable and, over the years, have introduced an ever-increasing variety of rules and regulations in combating such schemes and taken court proceedings over a number of them, with varying degrees of success.
HMRC have recently issued guidance on such schemes, called 'Ten things a promoter of tax avoidance schemes won't always tell you', and though the guidance is clearly intended to act as a disincentive to those considering such schemes, it does contain some useful material.
It is important when considering any tax planning exercise to ensure that the proposals are legal and will be able to withstand a potential challenge.