- I have the best Solicitor in the country
- Thank you for all your help and advice. I would recommend you to anyone needing a good solicitor
- Professional and friendly service!
- Always most helpful, knowledgeable and understanding. Very pleasant and efficient
- Thank you very much for all of the work that you have done, delighted with the speed with which matters were concluded
Estate Agent Abused Power of Attorney
The dangers of giving a power of attorney to the wrong person have yet again come into focus following the conviction of a Birmingham estate agent who had stolen more than £250,000 from an elderly couple.
The couple, a woman aged 93 and her 87-year-old partner who suffers from Alzheimer’s disease, gave the estate agent a power of attorney and also made him a significant beneficiary under their wills, regarding him as a trusted friend.
However, he commenced misappropriating their assets – spending much of the money on legal fees relating to a boundary dispute that he had with one of his neighbours.