- The Best Solicitors! I would definitely recommend.
- I would highly recommend Martin Tolhurst Solicitors as a very professional company with helpful staff willing to go that extra mile to help their customers.
- Absolute excellent professional and outstanding service!
- The diligence and persistence of the team shone through and made the stressful process of buying much easier.
- 10/10 service would use again in a heartbeat.
Do I need to Make A Will?
Sarah Begley, Wills & Probate Executive at Martin Tolhurst Solicitors in Kent explains;
"Regardless of the advantages, most of the population die without having made a Will. By not having a Will, they die ‘Intestate’ and their estate will pass in accordance with the ‘Rules of Intestacy’, which may not be as they would wish.
If you care about what happens to your property after you pass away, you should make a Will. It is especially important to make a Will if you are not married or in a civil partnership, as the law does not automatically recognise partners as having the same rights as husbands, wives or civil partners. A Will is of course vital if you have children or dependents that may not be able to care for themselves. Without a Will there could be uncertainty around who would look after them and who will provide for them if you were to pass away.
When you make a Will, you are exercising control over your assets, and how your estate should be distributed.
Making a Will is relatively straightforward and inexpensive. It can be tempting to ‘do it yourself’; however, please consider that you will be drafting a legal document which needs to be done correctly, as a simple error could cause a self-created document to be invalid and contesting a Will at a later stage can cost a great deal."
If you would like to discuss Will writing and make an appointment to create a Will or replace a current one at either our Gravesend, Ashford, Dartford or Longfield office - please contact our First Contact Team on: 01474 546013.