- I have the best Solicitor in the country
- Thank you for all your help and advice. I would recommend you to anyone needing a good solicitor
- Professional and friendly service!
- Always most helpful, knowledgeable and understanding. Very pleasant and efficient
- Thank you very much for all of the work that you have done, delighted with the speed with which matters were concluded
Corrupt Charity Officials Jailed
Six men who between them stole millions of pounds from a charity set up to assist asylum seekers were recently jailed for terms of up to four and a half years at Birmingham Crown Court.
The six were found guilty of the theft of £1.8 million, but it is believed that the real losses to the charity were several times that amount.
The money should have been used to house asylum seekers, but was instead diverted into accounts operated by the chief executive of the charity and an associate who was also a trustee of the charity.
Following an investigation by the UK Border Agency, the Charity Commission and the police, the men were convicted of conspiracy to defraud and banned from holding office as charity trustees. The former chief executive was also banned from holding office as a company director for 10 years.
The charity is now in liquidation.