- I have the best Solicitor in the country
- Thank you for all your help and advice. I would recommend you to anyone needing a good solicitor
- Professional and friendly service!
- Always most helpful, knowledgeable and understanding. Very pleasant and efficient
- Thank you very much for all of the work that you have done, delighted with the speed with which matters were concluded
HMRC Gain From IHT Challenges
In 2011, HM Revenue and Customs (HMRC) challenged more than 10,000 Inheritance Tax (IHT) returns, according to accountants UHY Hacker Young. Each challenge yielded an average increase in IHT payable of £27,000.
In 2010, there were 493,000 deaths recorded in England and Wales. Given that many estates are of a much lower value than the current IHT threshold of £325,000, the implication is that the likelihood of a challenge is significant if HMRC suspect valuations of assets are incorrect or that not all estate assets are included.