- The Best Solicitors! I would definitely recommend.
- I would highly recommend Martin Tolhurst Solicitors as a very professional company with helpful staff willing to go that extra mile to help their customers.
- Absolute excellent professional and outstanding service!
- The diligence and persistence of the team shone through and made the stressful process of buying much easier.
- 10/10 service would use again in a heartbeat.
Leasehold Enfranchisement Solicitor - Gravesend
We have a fantastic opportunity for a Leasehold Enfranchisement Solicitor seeking a new challenge with an award winning firm.
An opportunity to join an established and fast growing Leasehold Enfranchisement Department carrying out a variety of work for a mixture of both landlord and tenant clients.
To undertake fee-earning work and provide a profitable contribution to the work of the Firm. To ensure the successful development of the department and firm in line with the business plan.
The role includes but is not limited to the following:
- Lease extensions of flats under the Leasehold Reform Housing and Urban Development Act 1993 (LRHUDA 1993) and voluntary lease extensions.
- Freehold enfranchisement claims under LRHUDA 1993.
- Making and progressing tribunal applications in relation to lease extension and freehold enfranchisement claims.
- Right to manage claims under the Commonhold and Leasehold Reform Act 2002.
- Sale and purchase of freehold reversions by private treaty and auction together with all related notice procedures under the Landlord and Tenant Act 1987.
- Lease extensions and freehold purchases for houses in accordance with the Landlord and Tenant Act 1967.
- Preparation of new leases to create leasehold titles.
- Deeds of variation to existing leases.
- General landlord and tenant advice.
- Marketing and promoting the department to increase revenue streams including production of articles and content.
- Nurturing relationships with existing referral sources such as valuers and developing new relationships.
- Keeping up to date with latest case law and tribunal decisions and preparation for legislative reform.
- Proving assistance with training and development of trainees and more junior staff.
- Providing assistance to other fee earners within the office/Firm as required particularly during periods of sick leave or holiday absence.
- Minimising risk in dealing with all work and ensuring all files are managed in accordance with the Firm’s risk and file management procedures.
- Carrying out all work in accordance with procedures and systems documented in the Office Manual, and the Firm’s training seminars.
To be successful in your application, you will possess the following attributes:
- Qualified Solicitor, Legal Executive or equivalent.
- It is likely that you will be between NQ to 3 years PQE.
- Relevant experience working in a Leasehold Enfranchisement Department or similar.
- Manage own case load with or without support staff.
- Utilise the firm’s practice and case management system.
- Assist with the marketing of the department.
- Strong IT skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
You will be based at our Gravesend office, working in a friendly expert team
Excellent Salary and Benefits
If you would like to apply please send your CV to our HR department - Rachael Andrews, email@example.com.