- Thank you for all your help and advice. I would recommend you to anyone needing a good solicitor
- Professional and friendly service!
- Always most helpful, knowledgeable and understanding. Very pleasant and efficient
- Thank you very much for all of the work that you have done, delighted with the speed with which matters were concluded
Commercial Property Solicitor - Gravesend
We have a fantastic opportunity for a Commercial Property Solicitor seeking a new challenge with an award winning firm.
An opportunity to join a very well established busy Commercial Department undertaking Commercial Property work for small and medium sized businesses.
To undertake fee-earning work and provide a profitable contribution to the work of the Firm. To ensure the successful development of the Firm in line with the business plan.
The role includes but is not limited to the following:
- Buying and selling freehold and leasehold business premises.
- Advising both landlord and tenants on new leases and lease renewals of commercial premises including a working knowledge of renewals under the Landlord and Tenant Act 1954.
- Handling lease management documentation such as licences to assign, sublet and alter.
- General commercial landlord and tenant advice and assistance.
- Advising on acquisition of commercial investment properties.
- Sale and purchase of properties at Auction.
- Acquisition of premises and land for future development.
- Commercial property finance.
- Experience dealing with agricultural property would be beneficial.
- Some experience handling transfers of businesses as a going concern is desirable but not essential.
- Financial control with particular regard to cash flow control through collection of monies on account and billing procedures.
- Providing assistance to other fee earners within the office/Firm as required particularly during periods of sick leave or holiday absence.
- To minimise risk in dealing with all work and ensure that all files are managed in accordance with the Firm’s risk and file management procedures.
- To carry out all work in accordance with procedures and systems documented in the Office Manual, and the Firm’s training seminars.
- Supervision of fee-earning work undertaken by colleagues.
To be successful in your application, you will possess the following attributes:
- Qualified Solicitor, Legal Executive or equivalent.
- You will be a Commercial Property Solicitor (or equivalent) with a minimum of 2 years PQE in a similar/relevant role.
- Manage own case load with or without support staff
- Utilise the firm’s practice and case management system
- Assist with the marketing of the department
- Train and develop junior staff.
- Strong IT skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
You will be based at our Gravesend office, working in a friendly expert team.
Excellent Salary and Benefits.
If you would like to apply please send your CV to our HR department - Rachael Andrews, firstname.lastname@example.org.