- I have the best Solicitor in the country
- Thank you for all your help and advice. I would recommend you to anyone needing a good solicitor
- Professional and friendly service!
- Always most helpful, knowledgeable and understanding. Very pleasant and efficient
- Thank you very much for all of the work that you have done, delighted with the speed with which matters were concluded
Barbara is the Partner in charge of our Dartford office. Barbara has vast experience and expertise within all aspects of Probate, Wills, Lasting Powers of Attorney and Residential Conveyancing.
What Barbara says:
“Having completed my LLB Hons degree in Law I joined Martin Tolhurst Solicitors as a Trainee Solicitor, before qualifying as a Solicitor in 1984. I was later offered Partnership and have now been a Partner at the firm for many years.
My extensive understanding of the areas of law in which I specialise enables me to explain complex issues in a straightforward, clear way and I strive to make all clients feel at ease.
I regularly see clients in their own homes if they have difficulty getting into the office and am happy to be flexible in this way.
The fact that I specialise in multiple areas of law is a key advantage for many, as clients will often instruct me to do their conveyancing, as well as write their wills and prepare Lasting Powers of Attorney for them, which they find to be convenient.
I am a member of Kent Law Society and of the Private Client Section of the Law Society, regularly keeping up-to-date with any changes within property and private client law.
Outside of the office I enjoy gardening and am also a black belt in Karate.
If I weren’t a lawyer, I would be...
A horticulturist as I love gardening with a passion but know absolutely nothing about it!